2008-05-22

Is she crazy?


My neighbors must thinking I am off my rocker crazy. I have this problem I love toads & frogs. Not a problem right? Well I don't think so except for when it comes to mowing the lawn. We have a BIG yard almost 6 acres so we have a riding mower and I do the majority of the mowing because my husband isn't home much. If you read any of my blogs I have mentioned before that he is a truck driver so this keeps him away from home alot.
Anyway I enjoy riding the mower it is calming for me to ride around the yard cutting the grass looking at all the wildlife I see. But here's the problem along with having all this property comes lots of toads and frogs. Not a problem for me I think they are just so cute and squishy so while I am mowing away I am also on the look out for them making sure I don't accidentally mow one down. So whenever I see one I stop the mower and try to catch it to move it to a more secure mower free location. The thing is and this is what I mean when I say my neighbors must think I am crazy. Have you ever tried to catch a frog or toad? Well it is sometimes easier said than done.
Sometimes they hop so fast that I am running around in circles trying to get the little buggers. I know if I was in my house or yard watching this chick get off her mower and walk around in circles for a few mins every few feet or so. I would think to myself what the hell is this lady doing has she lost her mind or something? So I just would like to clear the air to all my neighbors I am not I repeat not crazy I am preserving the wildlife here in my yard.All of the toads and frogs in our neighborhood know they are safe here so come one come all to our yard and live a mower free existences.
P.S. I can not vouch for my dog not eating you though. SORRY

3 comments:

Tina said...

rofl with the dog comment!

hey i like frogs too. at least it keeps you fit chasing them!

Thanks for stopping by my place :)

Barb (Glick) Kamph said...

Well I dont know you but you left the comment on my blog about the deer. My husband mows a big church on the side and it has alot of swamppy area ya you should see when its dark and the frogs are out it is gross they fly out of the mower like grass its crazy. I have garden ponds and yes we love when the bull frogs come and sing us to sleep. As for liking them, they dont really bother me much. Thanks for visiting my blog.

kopiching said...

Lol.

CRISPY FROG LEGS
Yield: about 6 servings.

5 lbs. small frog legs
3/4 cup lemon juice or vinegar
Crushed ice
1 cup milk
6 eggs, separated
2 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. salt
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Vegetable oil


Wash frog legs thoroughly.

Place in a large Dutch oven; sprinkle with lemon juice, and cover with crushed ice.
Refrigerate 1 to 3 hours.

Combine milk, egg yols, olive oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt; mix well.

Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.

Sprinkle frog legs with salt and pepper; dip each in batter, and dredge in flour.

Fry until golden brown in deep oil heated to 375 degrees F. Drain on paper towels.

Enjoy.